Carrot root Herb
Carrot Root Powder Daucus carota
It is an aromatic herb with diuretic and digestive properties, useful to stimulates the uterus. It has anti-cancer properties and improves eyesight and skin health, due to it being a rich source of beta-carotene.
Carrot powder is high in beta carotene and has a creamy orange color when added to soaps and other formulations. Use carrot root powder as a color additive in your all-natural products. Add about 1-2 tablespoons per pound of soap. Make your own Gardeners Bar with carrot powder, carrot oil, cinnamon and nutmeg essential oils and cinnamon and nutmeg powders for a spiced look!
- The essential oil made from carrot seeds is an excellent body purifier. It boosts the liver and has a positive effect on the digestive system and bowels.
- It assists in the formation of red blood corpuscles (cells) and has a strengthening effect on the skin.
- It also helps to reduce age spots and gives the skin a more youthful complexion, due to its formative action on epidermal cells.
- The essential oil should not be confused with a macerated oil made by infusing carrots into a base oil - and although this macerated oil is helpful for a variety of things, it does NOT have the therapeutic properties of the essential oil.
- Also used successfully on ulcers, eczema, psoriasis, vitiligo and boils.
- It has carminative, diuretic, emmenagogue, stimulant, and tonic properties.