Dong Quai root
Dong Quai Angelica sinensis
Consider for the following:
- overall tonic for the reproductive system
- assists the body in using and balancing hormones
- relieve the discomforts of PMS (pre-menstrual syndrome),
- dysmenorrhea (painful menstruation),
- amenorrhea (absence of menstruation),
- menorrhagia (abnormal menstruation)
- a post-partum tonic that helps to regulate the menses and build the blood.
- may help to re-establish the menstrual cycle after withdrawal from birth control pills.
- uterine tonic
- may promote an increase in contractions followed by a prolonged relaxation.
- vaginal dryness.
- support for healthy blood and cardiovascular function,
- tonic to cleanse and purify the blood,
- promoting better blood circulation
- help improve brain stimulation
- blood pressure-lowering action
- ability to dilate blood vessels
- calcium channel blockers,
- cardiovascular conditions,
- By inhibiting platelet aggregation - increases blood flow to the heart, brain and extremities,
- impede blood clotting, improving overall circulation, thereby helping to guard against stroke and heart attack.
- eye disorders
- Dong Quai contains flavonoid compounds that are said to keep microscopic blood vessels in the eye from leaking and causing swelling in the retina, and they are also thought to impede the formation of microscopic blood clots that might impede circulation in the eye.