Hibiscus Flower Hibiscus rosa-sinensis
- Lowers cholesterol.
- Prevents the growth of cancerous cells.
- Improves digestion.
- Promotes blood circulation.
- Aids cardiovascular health.
- Helps treat urinary tract infections.
- Promotes weight loss.
- Helps treat kidney stones
Historically used for fevers and glandular infections, but it is also used to treat cystitis, venereal disease, coughs, and promote hair growth. The mashed leaves are applied to the head to soothe a headache. It is believed that Hibiscus works well as a blood purifier, and it is used for the relief of painful and excessive menstruation. as an aid to good digestion. It is said to soothe the mucous membranes that line the digestive tract to calm the stomach and ease indigestion.